n.c. lemon law
- AKA the New Motor Vehicles Warranties Act (N.C.G.S. 20-351), applies to NEW passenger cars, pick-up trucks, motorcycles and most vans bought in North Carolina.
- Requires manufacturers to repair defects that affect the use, value, or safety of a new motor vehicle within the first 24 months or 24,000 miles (whichever comes first).
- Does NOT extend to used vehicle purchases, but consumers commonly assume that it does.
- New Car Franchisee is normally not a party to Lemon Law litigation and the manufacturer is the proper party.
- All New vehicle manufacturers have fairly comprehensive arbitration agreements, and most of the manufacturers are good about settling disputes quickly.